Your privacy is important to us. Firstly, we are committed to protecting and safeguarding any personal data that you give to us.
This one privacy notice applies to any kind of information we collect through our various platforms or other means connected to these platforms (such as contacting our customer service team via email).
We might amend our privacy notice from time to time, when this happens this will be advised on accessing our website where you will be directed to the updated policy.
If you disagree with this privacy notice, please contact us and advise the reason why. We are committed to getting this right for all concerned in accordance with GDPR.
WHAT KIND OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
In the course of our relationship, there may be the need to exchange basic personal information that helps both parties develop a mutually beneficial relationship: your name, preferred contact details, job roles and email address. In addition to this, we also collect information from your computer. This can include the IP address, the browser you use, and your language settings. There are also situations in which we receive information about you from others or automatically collect other information.
WHY DO WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The main reason we ask you for such personal details is to ensure you get the best service possible. We also use your personal data to contact you and keep you up-to-date on beneficial business opportunities.
HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES?
Your personal data may be processed by us, or by selected third parties processing data on our behalf in accordance with this privacy notice. Such processing may include processing and transferring data outside the European Economic Area. Personal data will not be sold or transferred to other unaffiliated third parties without your prior consent.
Where any personal data is processed by us, we will comply with relevant Data Protection legislation at all times.
WHAT SECURITY AND RETENTION PROCEDURES DO WE PUT IN PLACE TO SAFEGUARD YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
In accordance with European data protection laws, we observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorized access to, and the misuse of your personal data.
HOW CAN YOU CONTROL THE PERSONAL DATA YOU HAVE GIVEN TO US?
You always have the right to review the personal information we keep about you. You can request an overview of your personal data by emailing us to the email address stated below. Please write ‘Request personal information’ in the subject line of your email for prompt action.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA PROVIDED?
Our HR Manager/Controller has overall responsibility for the processing of personal data. You can contact this person via [email protected]
PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU GIVE TO US.
Members of the Graypen Group collect and uses information which you provide to us. In the course of our relationship, you may be asked for your name and email address. Other details such as telephone numbers, business addresses and preferred contact details may also be exchanged.
If you need to get in touch with us or reach out to us through other means (such as through social media), we will collect information from you there too.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY.
Even if you don’t make further contact with us, when you visit our websites or apps we may automatically collect certain information. This includes your IP address, the date and time you accessed our services, the hardware, software or internet browser you use and information about your computer’s operating system, like application versions and your language settings. We might also collect information about clicks and which pages have been shown to you.
If you are using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics, location details, app crashes and other system activity.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM OTHER SOURCES.
We may also receive information about you from other sources. These include business partners, such as affiliate partners, and other independent third parties, and anything we get from them may be combined with information provided by you. For example, we integrate third-party service providers to facilitate payment for services. These service providers share payment information so we can administer and handle your transaction, making sure everything goes as smoothly as possible.
Our partners may share information about you with us too – this may happen if you have support questions about your service, when disputes arise about a service (though naturally we don’t like it when that happens) or there is other communication about your service via any of our companies.
WHY DO WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We use the information collected about you for various purposes. Your personal data may be used in the following ways:
- Business Transactions: First and foremost, we use your personal data in the course of doing business between members of our Group and your company. As a customer centric business, our culture encourages developing personal relationships with our partners. For that reason, we like to direct our communication to named persons whenever and wherever we can.
- Husbandry Services: As leading Ship’s agents, we are sometimes asked to provide certain services including accommodation and crew changes that involves trusted third parties. Sharing your details and the details of others provided by you with trusted third parties allows us to respond when you need us to.
- Marketing activities: We also use your information for marketing activities. These activities may include:
- Using your contact information to send you important information relevant to our industry and business. You can unsubscribe from these marketing communications quickly, easily and at any time – just click on the “Unsubscribe” link included in each newsletter.
- Communicating with you: There may be other times when we get in touch, including by email, by post, by phone or by texting you – which method we choose depends on the contact information you’ve previously shared with us. And we process the communications you send to us. There could be a number of reasons for this, including:
- Responding to and handling any requests you may have. We may directly or through one of our partners need to contact you in response to a service query.
- We may email you with a reminder if we urgently need your input to complete a transaction.
- When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review about your experience with us.
- We may also send you other material related to your experience with us, such as how to contact us if you need assistance, and information that we feel might be useful to you. We may also send you material related to services or a summary of the services rendered at the end of your transaction.
- We may also need to send you other administrative messages, which may include security alerts.
- Market research: We sometimes ask our customers to take part in market research. Any additional personal details that you give us as part of the market research will be used only with your consent.
- Improving our services: We also use personal data for analytical purposes. This is part of our drive to improve our services and enhance the user experience, but can also be used for testing purposes, troubleshooting and to improve the functionality and quality of our online services. The main goal here is to optimize and customize our online platform to your needs, making our site easier and more enjoyable to use.
To process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal bases:
- Performance of a contract: The use of your information may be necessary to perform the contract that you have with us. For example, if you use our services, we may use part of your information to carry out our obligation to complete and administer transaction under the contract that we have with you.
- Legitimate interests: We may use your information for our legitimate interests, such as to provide you with the best suitable content of the website, emails and newsletters, to improve and promote our products and services and the content on our website, and for administrative, fraud detection and legal purposes.
- Consent: We may rely on your consent to use your personal information for certain direct marketing purposes. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at the addresses at the end of this privacy notice.
HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES?
In certain circumstances, we’ll share your personal data provided to us with third parties.
- Some of the services we provide for you involve us making arrangements on your behalf with third parties. For example, we have to provide Letters of Guarantee for crew members in advance of vessels arriving in port, where personal crew information is passed between ship owners, crew departments and various embassies. When vessels are in port we are legally required to pass crew lists to UK Border Force/Immigration officials and for International Ship and Port Facility Security regulations (ISPS) we are required to pass crew lists to port/terminal security representatives.
- No personal data related to letters of guarantee or crew lists are used for any reason other than for immediate operational purposes. Personal information provided will be retained through the period of one transaction only and will be destroyed/deleted immediately thereafter.
- We will also pass information on to local accommodation & service providers on your behalf in order to provide the best possible service. Personal information is used for immediate operational purposes only and personal information provided will be retained through the period of one transaction only and will be destroyed/deleted immediately thereafter.
- Provide the best service and comply with the law. If you have a query about your reservation, we may contact the accommodation provider and ask them to handle your request. In cases of reservation-related disputes, we may provide the accommodation provider with information about the reservation process as needed. This may include a copy of your reservation confirmation as proof that a reservation was actually made.
- In order to support the provision of our services, your details may be shared with subsidiaries of the Graypen Group. To find out everything you need to know about the Graypen Group, visit our website: www.graypen.com.
- Third-party service providers: We may use service providers to process your personal data on our behalf. This processing is for several purposes, including for example sending out marketing material. Third party service providers are bound by confidentiality clauses and are not allowed to use your personal data for any other purposes.
- Competent authorities: We disclose personal data to law enforcement agencies insofar as it is required by law or is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts and fraud. We may need to further disclose personal data to competent and/or government authorities to protect and defend our rights or properties), or the rights and properties of our business partners.
HOW DO WE MAKE USE OF MOBILE DEVICES?
HOW DO WE MAKE USE OF SOCIAL MEDIA?
At Graypen Group we use social media in different ways. We use it partly to advertise, improve and facilitate our own services.
INTEGRATION OF SOCIAL MEDIA PLUGINS.
We have also integrated social media plugins into our websites and apps. This means that when you click on one of the buttons (such as Facebook’s ‘Like’ button) certain information is shared with these social media providers. If you are logged in to your social media account at the same time, your social media provider may relate this information to your social media account and possibly present your actions on your social media profile to be shared with others in your network.
OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA SERVICES AND FEATURES.
We may maintain social media accounts and offer apps on several social media sites. Whenever you connect with us through social media, your social media service provider may allow you to share information with us. If you choose to share, you will generally be told by your social media provider which information will be shared. For example, when you log in with your social media account, certain information (as authorized by you to your social media provider) may be shared with us. This might include your email address, age or profile pictures saved in your user account.
When you connect to a social media messaging service without having a user account, the information you choose to share with us may include the basic information available in your social media profile (including your email address, status updates and a list of your contacts). We’ll use this information to help provide you with the service you requested – for example, to forward a message you want to send to your contacts or to create a personalised user experience in the app itself or on our websites.
Your social media provider will be able to tell you more about how they use and process your data whenever you connect with any of the Graypen Group websites through them.
WHAT SECURITY PROCEDURES HAVE WE PUT IN PLACE TO SAFEGUARD YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
In accordance with European data protection laws, we observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorized access to, and the misuse of, personal data.
We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal data you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on our servers. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work.
HOW CAN YOU CONTROL THE PERSONAL DATA YOU HAVE GIVEN TO US?
You always have the right to review the personal information we keep about you. You can request an overview of your personal data by emailing us and write ‘Request personal information’ in the subject line of your email to speed things along.
You can also contact us if you believe that the personal information we have for you is incorrect, if you believe that we are no longer entitled to use your personal data, or if you have any other questions about how your personal information is used or about this privacy notice. Please email or write to us using the contact details below. We will handle your request in accordance with the applicable British data protection law.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA ON THE GP-LOGISTICS.CO.UK WEBSITE AND APPS?
Graypen Group Limited controls the processing of personal data on its websites and mobile apps. Graypen Group Limited is a private limited liability company, incorporated under the laws of the United Kingdom and has its offices The Bridge, One Graypen Way, Queens Road, Immingham DN40 1QN United Kingdom. If you have any suggestions or comments about this privacy notice, please send an email to [email protected] and we’ll get right back to you.